March 27, 2008

Green cleaning...

After spending the last 2 days with a horrible migraine headaches I knew that it was time for a change,So I have begun my newest mission!
I need to find cleaning products that won't make me or my kids sick..I'm going GREEN!!

Yesterday has got to be one of the worst headaches I have ever experienced in my life!
Since I am a mom we really don't get any sick days but I knew that Noah and Abby would be a huge handful so I decided that it was best for the whole family to keep Jennifer home so she could babysit all of us!
I needed to sleep and boy did I sleep...I crawled out of bed around 3:30 p.m. with only a slight headache but at least it didn't feel like a giant was stepping on my head anymore.

But that headache got me thinking..
Usually I get a headache if I mix cheese and chocolate but I didn't do that even with a mountain of easter candy stairing me in the face and taunting me to pig out.
The only thing different was the floor cleaner that I used on Monday. I remember that not only did I feel high after scrubbing my floors I felt sick to my stomach but I brushed it off as nothing major but now and I have a sneaky suspicion that my headache from hell was the results of the toxic fumes that I scrubbed into my floors.


So, I am going GREEN!!
Should be easy enough..right?
Well, we are going to see.

Day 1:
Floor cleaner.
I mixed 1/2 cups of white vinegar with 4 cups of water and 1/4tsp of liquid dish soap.
I figure that any and all of the above not only have we been exposed to already so it was worth a try!
My hardwood looks amazing and feels so clean!!

Found this for future reference!!
Green cleaning

Off to open the windows and let some of that wonderful spring air IN!!

0 comments: