November 27, 2008

Best Ever Banana Muffins

After my Nana passed away last march I inherited quite a number of her old cookbooks.
I have enjoyed flipping thru the well loved pages and it was a very nice suprise to see that she has tucked pieces of paper through out most of her cookbooks along with writing many notes along the sidelines.
I found a Lemon poppy seed muffin recipe once that said "tasteless" in the sideline so, of course, I had to try it out.
Nana was right.
Those muffins were tasteless.
Horrible, would be a better description but I have since tweaked the recipe so the muffins have a nice light flavor to it.
I stumbled upon another muffin recipe this morning.
Gee..can you possibly guess what we're having for breakfast!!

They are called Best Ever Banana Muffins.
I found a snipped piece of paper taped to the back page of the book so I thought I would try it out.


Ingredients:
(makes 12 muffins)

1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cups raisins
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup oil ( I used applesauce instead)
3 medium sized bananas, mashed

Method:

1. Mix flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and raisins in a bowl.
2. Combine egg,sugar,applesauce and mashed bananas in another bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Stir until just blended.
4. Fill muffin cups/liners till almost full.
Bake in preheated oven at 375f for 20 to 25 mins.

This recipe is adapted from a piece of paper I found taped to my Nana's cookbook
And slight modifications made by me!!

Now I am just waiting for them too cool.
They smell amazing.
I hope they taste as good as they look!!

0 comments: